For 26 years of my life, this is for the first time I have stayed away from my family. In germany, I made lots of friends, attended lots of parties at student hostels, went for long walks, attended 40% of classes, studied and I still had lots of time.TCH TCH TCH! On student budget, it is difficult to travel in germany – It is FRAKKING EXPENSIVE! So, to kill time I started watching webisodes on YouTube especially Comedy nights with Kapil , Sarabhai vs Sarabhai , and many other – these two are my favorite.
The list of things that one can do when alone or when bored:-
- Clean your cupboard. It comes handy when you have to shift to a new place and plus, you know what you MUST throw out.
- Reorganize your furniture. It’s about time that you did it. I personally do it after every two weeks.
- Learn Guitar if you don’t know it already. This has a huge impact on your patience level and also concentration. Plus, you will feel like a STAR, so what if you know only a few chords. 😉
- Go to the library. It is a humbling experience to know where one stands. Literally!
- Learn to brew perfect coffee. Nothing starts the day as fantastically and energetically as a perfect cup of coffee.
- Explore your area in search of the best bars/restaurants/parks. People will love you for your suggestions.
- Dress up and go to a coffee shop. Make heads turn, do it!
- Do some sport. Your body will thank you by giving you a better posture and some ooooh – that muscles. 😉
- Learn to cook healthy. Pizzas, fries – most of the time! Really! ACT and EAT like a grown up.
- Some homemade dessert, please. Learn to bake. Mouth-watering, yummy!
- Make a dance video of yourself. YEAH!!! This is fun. Just dance, baby. Show yourself the moves.
- Make a 2 minute movie. You will love the entire process. Get the Tarantino out of you.
- Maintain a ‘pamper-myself-routine’. Manicure,pedicure, skin cleanup, hair conditioning , and etc- You have a hectic week ahead! Look best and do best. 😉
- Learn some DIYs. This website is my favorite – http://www.instructables.com/
- Read out a loud with emotions for 15 minutes minimum. You will notice the difference in your speech.
- Write a blog. I just have started blogging and I love it totally.
- Learn some new hairstyles. It is
boringrather monotonous to wear the same hairstyle.
- Do some gardening. Herbs and chillies are my favorites. Which one is yours?
- Write a letter to your loved ones. I love this – my folks love it too when they get the letter.
- Learn a new language. It is german for me. He is the best teacher – Michel Thomas
- Don’t waste time on whatsapp/facebook and mobile. Instead visit a friend.
- Act like Borat. This one needs a lot of courage to piss a person off in his style. 😀 . For example – BORAT
- Drink your favorite beer and just look outside the window. It is awesome to think of nothing.
- Plan a trip even if you don’t intend to go. Maybe next time you will just have the information for that sudden trip.
- Fart aloud and say to yourself – WAAH! MAZAA AA GAYA. 😀 😀 😀 😀
- Make some cards for that someone special. Show them how much they mean to you.
- Sit in a garden and watch kids play. That playfulness and cheerful faces! Heaven!
- Read a book or reread your favorite. Join Goodreads and stay motivated.
- Organize your files on computer. This will make your desktop look clean and make your computer a bit faster.
- Make sure each song has an album art. We all love graphics and album covers.
- Make a playlist of your favorite songs. Goes perfectly with that hot cup of tea.
- Write a story. We love to tell our stories.
- Maintain a dairy. Document your life.
- Clean your bag. I know there is a lot of garbage in that.
- Do some crochet or knitting. I would suggest crochet, it is easy and fast. I love my handmade hairbands.
- Get rid of unwanted body hair.
- Ofcourse, sleep. You have earned that beauty sleep.
List can go on and on. For now, adios amigos.
Lots of love,